House damaged by accidental fire

A house was damaged in a fire near Ceduna on Thursday afternoon.

Emergency services personnel were called to the small Dinahline community on Kalanbi Road just north of Ceduna at about 4pm to respond to a house fire.

The fire gutted sections of the roof and a Country Fire Service spokesperson said the property suffered significant damage.

Police have ruled out any suspicious nature to the cause of the blaze.

There were three occupants of the house who were home at the time of the incident and police believe the fire may have been started by a child playing with a cigarette lighter.

The three occupants managed to escape the property without any serious injuries, although were taken to Ceduna Hospital as a precaution.

The damage caused by the blaze was estimated to be about $100,000.