Irvine commands the Ceduna dirt | PHOTOS

The Ceduna Dirt Circuit Club hosted its second round of the season last Saturday night at Andoc Park, with Jason Irvine coming out on top in division one action.

The event was sponsored by Ceduna Autopro and saw perfect conditions, with the fast track looking as if it was going to take rubber which made for good, fast racing.

The big crowd rolled in and the open wheelers were out on the track to get the night started.

Irvine had some stiff competition in the form of Kym Schmidt of Arno Bay and the pair traded blows lap for lap, with Shaun Freeman snapping at their heels for most of the night.

The crowd definitely enjoyed this, as the racing was fast and nose-to-tail.

Irvine won the night on 31 points, with Schmidt in second on 28 points and Freeman on 22.

Nine cars fronted up for the division two races, with the Arno Bay cars looking for some laps prior to the state titles.

Bumper-to-bumper was the order of the day and the locals had their work cut out against the visiting drivers.

The Harris brothers continued the sibling rivalry and Whyalla's Damien Morgan was up for the challenge too.

Tom Harris emerged victorious with 28 points for the night, while Hayden Harris was second with 20 points and Morgan rounded out the podium on 19 points.

Division three included eight cars in the heats and the racing was always going to be tight and hard-fought.

Winning the start was imperative as cars winning were starting off the front row of the grid.

Race wins were shared between drivers and such was the closeness that only eight points separated first place to sixth.

Port Lincoln's 'pocket rocket' Emma Newland took the spoils on 23 points, ahead of Dylan Cameron - driving with a broken arm - on countback from veteran throttle-stomper Des Coote.

It was a case of what may have been for Coote after he failed to finish the sixth heat.

Cameron and Coote finished on 21 points.

The street stocks were in their own class and and as always David Carr was the one they needed to beat.

Former Ceduna boy Travis Nielson was up for the challenge and was making Carr work every step of the way, as Tyson Carr joined in on the action and this made for thrilling action throughout the evening.

David Carr took home the win on 31 points ahead of Tyson Carr and a weary Nielson - who left Adelaide early in the morning to race that night - on 27 points.

The fastest time in division one was Jason Irvine in three minutes, 49 seconds, while Toby Lee had the fastest time in division two with 4.097.

The fastest in division three was William Watts with 4.212 and Travis Nielson in the street stocks with 4.079.