Two wins put Far West into Henderson Shield grand finals | PHOTOS

Far West will have teams competing in both the Henderson Shield A grade and B grade grand finals following victories away to Le Hunte on Saturday.

A Grade: Far West 8/227 def Le Hunte 10/84

A century from Brendan Kloeden helped Far West to a commanding 143-run victory over Le Hunte at Wudinna and a spot in the Henderson Shield grand final.

Kloeden smashed 121 runs while Jaxon Bennett starred with the ball in taking four wickets to earn a second consecutive appearance in the Henderson Shield decider.

Far West went to the crease first with Jacob Bennett the first to go for 12 after an opening 33-run partnership with Kloeden, soon followed by Bredon Smart for six to have Far West 2/45.

Kloeden and Chris Williams went about getting runs on the board with an 80-run stand which was ended when Williams was caught off the bowling of Martin Grocke for 25.

Kloeden continued to punish the Le Hunte attack, clearing the boundary on an number of occasions as he reached a century.

He was the next to go for 121 which ended a 63-run partnership with Josh Threadgold and left Far West at 4/188.

Jaxon Bennett added a handy 21 runs but when he was dismissed by Darryl Marshall the runs dried up for the visitors.

From 5/224, the Far West innings finished on 8/227 as Ryan Meier, Jamie Bennett and Jarrad Trowbridge were all dismissed for ducks.

Threadgold watched his partners come and go as he returned not out on 25.

Tasman Fitzgerald did the damage at the end to finished with 3/34 from seven overs, while Marshall and Viv O’Brien picked up two wickets each.

Le Hunte needed a good start, but instead were reduced to 3/24 in the opening stages.

Fitzgerald was out leg before wicket from the bowling of Trowbridge, while Trent Brace could only make three runs before being sent packing by Darren Brown.

Julian Gosling added 11 runs only to then have his stumps ruffled to become the second Trowbridge victim.

Angus Gunn and Jake Bruce were left to pick up the pieces for Le Hunte, with Gunn finishing as the top scorer with 31 runs and Bruce, who was the next to go, reaching 13.

The 37-run partnership was the best Le Hunte could put together and it was ended when Bruce was bowled by Jaxon Bennett, leaving the home side at 4/61.

Marshall made little impact as he was caught for five, while Gunn’s resistance was finally broken by Jaxon Bennett.

The wicket of Shard Gosling for four runs meant Le Hunte had lost the three wickets for only seven runs which all but ended any chance for victory.

Far West cleaned up the tail as the hosts lost 3/2 – O’Brien for nine, Lubin Stringer for a duck and Grocke for one.

Jaxon Bennett ended with 4/23 from six overs, while Trowbridge took 2/15 and Meier finished with 2/27.

Far West will face Port Lincoln in the grand final later this month in Port Lincoln.

B Grade: Le Hunte 10/198 def by Far West 8/199

Far West will host the Henderson Shield grand final after a two-wicket win away to Le Hunte at Kyancutta.

Jeffrey Bigg’s 83 helped Le Hunte post 10/198, however Lachlan Wilkins’ half-century led Far West to the total with three overs to spare.

Bigg was joined at the crease by Jayden Fridd to get the match underway and the pair put on 31 runs before Josh Cummings struck with a caught and bowled effort.

Fridd’s dismissal for 17 was quickly followed by ducks for Tyler Chapman and Shaun Murphy which left the home side in a spot of bother at 3/32.

Leigh Scholz could only add one run, however Corey Waters added stability to the innings as he and Bigg took the score up to 72 before Waters was caught off the bowling of Liam Pope for 23.

Josh Horgan was the next to accompany Bigg and the pair added 36 runs.

Horgan raced to 28 when his innings was ended by a Wilkins catch from Thomas Andrasic-Smith’s bowling.

Keron Cummings added nine runs as Wade Shepperd stuck around to offer Bigg support with 18.

Steven Brands was out LBW for one and Bigg’s stint came to a end when caught off the bowling of Waylon Drew for 83, the last man out.

Josh Cummings was the chief destroyer with 4/29 and two maidens from his 10 overs, as Drew finished with 2/26.

Both Drew and Riley Prince made just five runs in response for Far West, as opener Wilkins and Pope got runs on the board.

A 69-run stand pushed Far West past 100 but Pope was soon out for 18.

Wilkins hit two sixes on his way to 59 but his wicket at the hands of Keron Cummings left the visitors at 4/109.

Beau Halbert’s dismissal for one soon after had Far West at 5/118 and needing a partnership to steady.

That came in the form of Lachlan Marks and Matthew Degner, who added 54 to close in on the total.

Marks was caught off the bowling of Darren O’Brien for 32, with Degner bowled eight runs later for 25.

With Far West at 7/180, Broadie Chandler, eight not out, joined with Josh Cummings to finish the run chase.

Cummings added 14 yet was dismissed with the scores tied, however Chandler hit the winning runs.

Keron Cummings took 3/23, while Horgan and Brands grabbed two wickets each.

Far West was the only side to win both matches, meaning it will host Port Lincoln in the grand final.